Institutions in Transition -
Challenges for New Modes of Governance
IAMO Forum 2010
16–18 June 2010, Halle(Saale), Germany
The IAMO Forum 2010 aims to take stock of current research on institutional change in agriculture and rural areas and the corresponding challenges for new modes of governance. The conference should spell out lessons learned from recent experience and update the agenda of policy-makers in agriculture and rural affairs. The focus is on transition countries in Central and Eastern Europe and Central and East Asia.
Topics will be:
- New modes of governance in agricultural input and output markets (energy, capital, labour, land)
- Governance in natural resource management (land, water, biodiversity)
- Formulation and design of policies (policy impact assessment, decentralisation, integrated modelling)
- Social safety systems and the demographic challenge of rural areas
- New theoretical developments in analysing rural institutions
The IAMO Forum 2010 will be held in Halle, Germany, in the IAMO conference facilities. The conference language is English.